If you are looking for a place to make a difference in others’ lives, consider volunteering at Jefferson Center for Mental Health! Might one of these opportunities be a good fit for you or your group??
- Event Assistant at Putt Your Stuff, our annual Mini-Golf Tournament fundraiser, held each July.
- Conference Assistant at Helping Kids Thrive, an annual series of parenting education conferences held at community schools.
- Instructor for job skills classes in our Vocational Services program, such as Computer Training and Interviewing Skills.
- Instructor for Wellness Now classes, such as yoga, creative arts, nutrition, spirituality, or career exploration, to name a few.
- Senior Peer Counselor, providing one-on-one support to seniors in their homes.
- Youth Mentor at The ROAD, a drop-in center, providing positive role modeling and encouraging appropriate socialization for at-risk youth, ages 15-22.
- Administrative support for occasional mailings and office projects.
- Plant a small flower garden to beautify one of our several residential homes.
All volunteers are required to submit an application with references, undergo a criminal background check and/or drug screening and fingerprinting (depending on position), and complete training relevant to the specific position.
If you would like to contribute your time and talent in any of the above ways, or you have a special passion or skill you would like to share on behalf of our clients, please contact Julie DiTullio at 303-432-5644.
Volunteers are just ordinary people with extraordinary hearts!