The Client and Family Advocate can help you with your service concerns here at Jefferson Center.
- You want a different therapist or case manager.
- Your child’s therapist does not communicate with your child’s school or with your pediatrician.
- You don’t understand the bills you are getting.
- You are having difficulty arranging to get services for yourself or your child at Jefferson Center.
- You feel a member of the Jefferson Center staff has not treated you with respect.
- You have concerns about the medications that are being prescribed to you.
- You feel you are not participating in your treatment plan.
- You feel your therapist or prescriber does not listen to you.
REMEMBER: Any client at Jefferson Center can file a complaint about any dissatisfaction with your treatment and no one can treat you badly if you do.
The practice of psychotherapy is regulated by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies. The State Grievance Board can be reached at 303-894-7855, or 1560 Broadway, Suite 1550, Denver, CO 80202. Indicate you want the mental health section.
- Take part in decisions about your treatment including the right to refuse treatment except as required by law.
- Review or ask for a copy of your medical record.
- Have a service plan which you help to write, and get a copy of it.
- Be treated in a way that is culturally and linguistically appropriate for you.
Questions or problems? Contact
Patty Viles, Client and Family Advocate for Jefferson Center
4851 Independence Street, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033