For Our Community
Each year, Jefferson Center for Mental Health makes a difference in the lives of thousands of community members struggling with mental health disorders. Here are some of the ways we are supporting our community each day!
Mental Health First Aid teaches the public identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. Jefferson Center for Mental Health is proud to offer these interactive 8-hour course free of charge to our community members. Health First Aid does not teach people to be therapists, rather it teaches a 5-step action plan encompassing the skills, resources and knowledge to help an individual in crisis connect with appropriate professional, peer, social and self-help care. Class Schedule
- Supporting faith-based organizations in our community with resources and education on mental health and substance use issues.
- Encouraging client involvement in ongoing spiritual activities, where appropriate, as a support of treatment and recovery.
For more information, please contact Melissa Strohfus at 303-432-5156.
- Dealing with Depression
- Suicide Prevention and Grief
- Managing Life Stresses
- How to Achieve Good Mental Health
- Understanding the Effects of Trauma
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health: Your Mental Health Resource
- Managing Grief and Loss
- Positive Self-Esteem
For more information, contact Melissa Strohfus at 303-432-5156.
Jefferson Center is offering free access to this online tool that offers resources with simple tools, weekly exercises, and daily inspiration to help overcome depression and anxiety. Improve your mental health and overall well-being from the comfort and privacy of your own home
For more information and to sign up – click here
Jefferson Center is committed to providing mental health services that support you throughout your recovery journey. They can help you understand the recovery process and support you in planning your goals and steps to achieve them.
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
- Functional Family Therapy (FFT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Cognitive Behavior Therapy (DBCBT)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TFCBT)
- Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment (IDDT)
- Partners for Change Outcome Management System (PCOMS)
- Individual Placement and Support (IPS)
- Families Together (FT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Seeking Safety and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
For more information on each treatment, please see the National Registry of Evidenced-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) website.
Mental Health Matters
April 20th is the 20th Anniversary of the shootings at Columbine High School. The anniversary [...]
Are you familiar with hearing the alarm go off and hitting snooze several times before [...]