For Our Community
Each year, Jefferson Center for Mental Health makes a difference in the lives of thousands of community members struggling with mental health disorders. Here are some of the ways we are supporting our community each day!
Mental Health First Aid teaches the public identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. Jefferson Center for Mental Health is proud to offer these interactive 8-hour course free of charge to our community members. Health First Aid does not teach people to be therapists, rather it teaches a 5-step action plan encompassing the skills, resources and knowledge to help an individual in crisis connect with appropriate professional, peer, social and self-help care. Class Schedule
- Supporting faith-based organizations in our community with resources and education on mental health and substance use issues.
- Encouraging client involvement in ongoing spiritual activities, where appropriate, as a support of treatment and recovery.
For more information, please contact Jill Hartmann at 303-432-5144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dealing with Depression
- Suicide Prevention and Grief
- Managing Life Stresses
- How to Achieve Good Mental Health
- Understanding the Effects of Trauma
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health: Your Mental Health Resource
- Managing Grief and Loss
- Positive Self-Esteem
For more information, contact Jill Hartmann at 303-432-5144.
Jefferson Center is offering free access to this online tool that offers resources with simple tools, weekly exercises, and daily inspiration to help overcome depression and anxiety. Improve your mental health and overall well-being from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Go to www.mystrength.com
- Use community code BeWell during the signup process.
The following locations offer integrated care: Union Square Health Home, Healthcare Homes Without Walls, Wellness Now, Solutions Now, Co-locations with primary care physicians throughout our communities. Learn more
Jefferson Center is committed to providing mental health services that support you throughout your recovery journey. They can help you understand the recovery process and support you in planning your goals and steps to achieve them.
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
- Functional Family Therapy (FFT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Cognitive Behavior Therapy (DBCBT)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TFCBT)
- Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment (IDDT)
- Partners for Change Outcome Management System (PCOMS)
- Individual Placement and Support (IPS)
- Senior Reach (SR)
- Families Together (FT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Seeking Safety and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
For more information on each treatment, please see the National Registry of Evidenced-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) website.
Mental Health Matters
Kids are already counting the days until school's out and they are free! Well, at [...]
We all have a bad day now and then. You know, those days when you [...]