Anxiety is a normal and healthy response to moments of high stress or fear. However, sometimes anxiety can start to take over our lives and appear as part of everyday situations where the response outweighs the situation.
Luckily, anxiety is one of the most common mental health problems people face every year, meaning there are ample resources for you to get help. Here are a few tools, tips, and other key information you need to tackle anxiety and get back to your life.
Facts and Statistics
Get the details so you can understand how stress impacts the body, who is affected, and recognize common signs of anxiety disorders. You’ll also learn a little bit about common treatment methods.
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America: Facts and Statistics
- Just the Facts: Anxiety
- Just the Facts: Children & Anxiety
Take an in-depth look at some of the reasons why we experience anxiety, how to manage it, and how to know when you need help. These blog posts have been written with the help of Jefferson Center’s own licensed clinicians.
- 7 Simple Steps to Help with Anxiety
- 7 Simple Steps Graphic
- 5 Ways Essential Works Can Manage Trauma and Anxiety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Parenting With Anxiety: Overcoming New Barriers And Learning To Balance It All
Tools and Tips to Manage Anxiety
Anxiety can impact your mental health as well as your physical health, so it’s a good idea to find the tools and tips that work for you early on. Learning to manage your anxiety will help you live a healthier, happier life in the long run.
Find Help Now
If you’re ready to take the next step and seek treatment for anxiety, there are lots of options available to you. Jefferson Center is here to help you matter what you’re dealing with.
If you’re in a crisis, you can get immediate help by calling us at 303-425-0300 or by calling the crisis line at 844-493-8255. The 24/7 crisis walk-in center and withdrawal management program is open at 4643 Wadsworth Blvd, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033.
- Jefferson Center: Adult Services
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America: Anxiety Support Groups
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Helpline
If you’ve got a few minutes and want to learn more about how to manage stress and anxiety, with information from leading experts, check out the videos below. These videos are brief, informative, and can help you get back on the right track.
- NIMH Expert Dr. Krystal Lewis Discusses Managing Stress & Anxiety
- GREAT: Helpful Practices to Manage Stress and Anxiety
- Getting to Know Your Brain: Dealing with Stress
- Guided Visualization: Dealing with Stress
Remember, no matter what you’re facing in life, Jefferson Center is here for you. Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress, but you have the ability to calm your thoughts and reconnect your body and mind. By practicing finding resources and practicing new tools and tips, you can get your anxiety under control.
Check out our other posts!
As COVID-19 cases surged in the United States, stay-at-home orders were pu...
By Jeffco Families Colorado As the public conversation about Coronavirus ...
During challenging times, the topic of mental health and wellness moves to...
For millions of children, the end of summer means the beginning of their f...